Four generations of Marini's have been making quality candy on the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz since 1915. Born in Italy, founder Victor A. Marini brought the family to Santa Cruz in 1905 where he opened the Palace Barbershop on Cooper Street across from the old Santa Cruz Court House. Victor also had a barbershop in the historic Case del Rey Hotel near the Boardwalk.
One Spring day in 1915, Victor accepted a customer's offer and bought his popcorn stand at the Boardwalk. The family expanded the operation and started making Victor's original recipes of salt water taffy, caramel corn, and candy apples. Joseph Marini Sr. started working for his dad at the age of 10 in 1920. During the decades following his father's death in 1940, Joe Sr. and his wife Josephine were instrumental in building up the business. In the years to follow, the business was passed on to Joe Sr.'s sons, Joseph Jr. and Joel, and their wives Carol and Kathy.
Today, Joseph Marini III continues the tradition of making fine candies at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. In addition to their famous salt water taffy, Marini's offers a variety of hand dipped nut clusters, caramels, turtles, English toffee, rocky road, chocolate dipped strawberries, homemade fudge, caramel apples, and an assortment of candies from all over the world. Their candies are manufactured from the highest quality ingredients available, and satisfaction is guaranteed!